Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Snowbird


SOOOOOOO HAPPY

Blurry pitures, but you can see how deep it is in the trees

Pat Killing it!


The snow was so deep it was stuck to my gross beard

For X-mas Ash got me a few passes to Snowbird since this was the first year since living in Utah that I didn't have a pass. I have been waiting for the right day to use my day passes, and today was definitely the right day. Pat and I left early and were lucky enough to get the mouth of little Cottonwood right as it open and we some of the first people up there. We got 2nd chair and were the 1st people down ....After about an hour we happened to come to the top of Snowbird as the opened the back side that hadn't been open the day before and had over 2 feet of fresh powder...I couldn't help to yelling wooooooooo the whole way down...I guess powder just has that effect on people! This was one of the best Powder days I've had in a long time, and I hope to get a few more in. This also was the 1st time I've skied at Snowbird in 3 seasons, and I couldn't help but feeling like I was at home!

7 comments:

Audy & Ash said...

Wow that looks like soo much fun!! The powder looks amazing and so do you!! I love you and i am glad you had fun skiing at the bird (home away from home in the winter!)
Ash

A New Life Student said...

Nice... you and Pat are ballers.... I wish I was good at skiing! I would be up on the mountains with you guys.

Travis

Stephanie said...

Hey! Of course, I'd love to take pictures of your family. But let's wait 'till it's warm outside for full on family pictures. If you want me to take a few of just your twins, you can bring them on over to my place and we can do it inside. I just don't have a ton of room for everyone, inside.

Anyway, the camera I have is a Canon Rebel XSi but I REALLLLY want the Canon 5D (drool). It's expensive but it's such a good camera. I'm hoping to get it in the future. For editing I use Photoshop elements 6 (elements 7 if you don't have a mac). I love it, I also love Lightroom but I can't afford to have that right now, it's close to 300 bucks but it's wonderful. Try the trial version. Are you interested in photography? If you are, there's a girl I'm going to be doing a mentoring session with who has a studio downtown. Her website is Saraboulterphotography.com. She might have some mentoring sessions open if you're interested. They're $350 for 8 hours which seems expensive but it's actually a great deal. My friend in Seattle who does mentoring sessions for 8 hours charges 900 bucks. Yeah, I know. Sara's really good. If you're not that interested in photography then I just gave you way too much information that you didn't need. But let's get together soon. I'm busy this weekend but the next I'm free. I'm going to text you my number so you have it.

Meg said...

Wow, lots of snow! Looks like so much fun. I miss skiing!

Anonymous said...

aud dogg, that powder looks insane! i was there a few days ago and the snow was good but not nearly that good! hope all is well.

Unknown said...

The good old days of shredding the Bird!!! I'm glad it was good to you! I have a couple 1/2 pricers if you run out of your passes...someone should enjoy them :)

The Preece Family said...

Steve and I were up there the following week when that huge storm hit. We were up there early, but then they closed the canyon so there weren't a ton of people. At one point, they opened up the back side and Steve skiied in 2 feet of fresh powder too. Said it was the best day skiing he's ever had. So - he definitely knows how you feel. :)