Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Moms


Becoming a parent teaches you a lot...a lot about yourself, and a lot about those in your life. I have always loved my moms and my mother in law, but since being married idon't think that I ever really understood or appreciated what it is to be a mommy til we had out little guys. I can't believe how my wonderful wife has embraced becoming a mother and everything that goes along with it....Women are truly amazing...from the pregnancy process to the birth and then becoming a mother is all very neat for me to watch. The unconditional love that Ash has for out little guys at 3:00 am ( and 4,5,6,7,8 am) is usually beyond me. I thought that I was a pretty patient person, but I'm learning I have a long way to go...I think mothers are truly blessed with "special powers" or something... When I am alone with two babies for more then a few hours I feel totally overwhelmed, I don't know if I could do it day in and day out, but Ash does it with a smile on her face. So here's to Ash, moms, grandmas, and moms to be... the world wouldn't have much of a chance without a great MOM
I love ya

2 comments:

Alisa said...

That is the sweetest thing I have ever read... I think you could teach joey a thing or two. And the babies are to stinkin cute.

Heather said...

You are so darling! maybe i should copy this post and send it to KIRK! haha. seriously though! this was so sweet of you to say and to recognize ... darling!