Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Unexpected bundles of Joy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!












After a worldwind day Ash and I are sitting up in our little hospital room enjoying our first morning as PARENTS. Let me back track about 36 hours ago. Ash started having bad stomach pains about 9:30-10:00 pm...so we went to the hospital with no intentions of having our babies. Ash was in so much pain, but was not having contractions. After hours and hours of tests they decided that she had H.E.L.P syndrome that is brought on by pregnancy. To make a long story short, if we didn't take the babies when we did, what Ash had would have been fatal. The babies were fine, they would just be about 7 weeks early. So our Doctor got to the Hospital about 8:00 am and told us that we have to take the babies. After calling some family, we were off to the OR to deliever. From the start of anesthitic to finishing stiching Ash up it was less then an hour. the babies came out great and Ash did amazing. It was all such a whirl wind for us. It sucked because they showed us the babies for about 1 sec and then took the babies to the NICU. Sophie came out first at 9:34 am and Finn was just 2 minutes behind at 9:36 am August 26th 2008. They were both about 17 inches. They are both little angels...I can't even stand it :) Ash and I feel a little cheated because we have only been able to hold her for a few minutes each and we still haven't been able to hold him. They have to stay in the NICU so we just sit in our room and want to have our babies...We love em so much!!! Sophie is being such a big girl and breathing all by her self. Finn is having a little harder time breathing, but he is a fighter and is doing better every hour. We feel so blessed that they are here and Ash is ok....It was really scary how fast everything happened, but Ash was getting worse very quickly so everything had to happen fast.
Here are a few pics, and we will put some more on later
Thanks for all of the love and support.
Love
Audy Ash Finn Sophie

13 comments:

Erik & Nicole said...

Soooo cute! We are glad that everything is okay and that you guys are doing well. They are so cute. I am going to start counting down the days till Christmas time when we can finally hug them. Please keep the pictures coming so we can see them. Good luck, we love you guys!

Brandon and Becky Patrick said...

Wow! Congratulations! They are adorable. Life is a miracle. It is so weird to think those two little things were inside of Ash. :) Keep the pictures coming. I am so happy that everything is ok.

Adam said...

Congratulations! My mom (deb) just told us the big news and then I happened to find your blog! I can't wait to meet them! Hope all is going well.
-whitley

Alisa said...

Congrats that is co exciting. I am just so happy that everyone is doing so good and the babies look healthy. Well we cant wait to see the little ones. Love you guys.

Sunni said...

Gage and Aspen burst in the door from school yesterday, wanting all the details on Aunt Ashes and the babies, the few pics on my camera phone weren't enough to satisfy them, they are counting every minute until they get to meet the new cousins. (Gage and Trace are most interested in Finn, and of course Aspen is all about her first and only girl cousin!!!) We love you all and are soo glad everything is going well. Hurry home!

Melanie Sharp said...

Congratulations! I saw the announcement on Hil's blog and had to check for pictures. We'll be praying for the wee ones to keep making solid progress. So fun! Mel, Phil, Noah, and baby girl Sharp

The Richards family said...

Wa-HOO!!! I am so excited, and glad to hear everything is ok with everyone! keep the pictures coming they are so precious. We will be thinking of you and get some rest!!

Cristi Benedict said...

Zach and I are so glad the babies are doing well and especially that Ashlee pulled through and is doing well too! Oh how happy and excited we are for you both. Parents!! YAY! Audy you will make such a great dad. And Ashlee you are stellar. I'm going to take notes from you when I have kids. We love you both so much. Brit and I are on our way to see you in an hour! We're bringing you some good food to relieve you of hospital junk! So exciting. LOVE YOU BOTH!

Meg said...

Congrats you guys! I hope that all continues to go well. They are so cute!

A New Life Student said...

Wow! Congratulations! We are so happy for all of you and are so glad everything turned out okay. It is scary how quickly things can turn bad. Thank goodness for modern medicine!
They are so beautiful! We just can't wait to see all of you. Julia is just getting over a cold so we will keep our distance for a while but know that we are thinking of you and couldn't be more excited for you! Keep us updated and keep the pictures coming! I hope Ashlee is recovering okay.
Love you!

The Waites said...

Oh my goodness! What a pleasant suprise! Congratulations! I've been checking your blog everyday to see when they come!! I am so glad Ash is ok, how scary. My prayers are with your sweet little family tonight!
Amanda

Bags said...

Audy and Ashley, I am so happy for you both! But most importantly, I am happy that everyone is safe and getting healthier and healthier. I love you both, and I can't wait to meet your beautiful bundles of joy :) When do they anticipate that you will be able to bring them home?

Heather said...

congratulations to you guys! I can't wait to meet them! love you guys! they are beauties! true beauties!