Monday, September 8, 2008

BATH TIME









It has now been 2 weeks since our tiny little guys got here... Unfortunately they still are in the NICU, but doing better everyday. The Docs will not give us a time frame as to when we get to take them home....which i should add totally sucks. We now go to the hospital 3 times a day for about 3-4 hours each visit.... needless to say we hope we don't have to go back any time soon once we get our babies home. The other day we were able to give them both their first bath... woohoo anytime we get to take them off all their leads and cords we are excited. After we bathed Sophie we put them together for the first time since the womb, and let me let you it was so much fun. Sophie loved it!!! she snuggled right up to Finn, and after he sneezed on her a few times and tried chewing on her head he warmed up to her....they are too cute. It is amazing how different they are. Each day they progress a little, and have not taken any steps backward. Ash is doing better as well, but breast feeding to babies is a huge chore with two babies, and it doesn't help to have to travel to the hospital to do it. It is very taxing, but well worth it.

10 comments:

Erik & Nicole said...

They are so cute together! I love it. We miss all of you guys.

The Richards family said...

It is so good the hear the progress they are making!! Thanks for sharing with me, keep the pictures coming!! I love looking at those sweet babies and how much work you two have to take care of them. It makes me go back to my children and be a much better mom!! You two are doing great and again Thank you!!

Sunni said...

Ohhh! How cute are they?! Sophie already being the loving sister, wanting to snuggle up to her brother. And Finn, true to boy form, knawing his sister. I love them, I want to eat them too!

A New Life Student said...

How adorable! I love that they got to be together! I am sure going to the hospital is taking a major toll on you two. I would love to bring dinner to you sometime. Breast feeding is so tough at first, so I can imagine having two babies to feed and traveling to do it! I hope they get to come home soon!

Tasia said...

Hello Smoot clan! Congratulations on the new babies. They are absolutely precious. I am glad Mommy is feeling well and recovering. Hopefully you will get to take those cute things home soon..... Tasia

Callister said...

Aww! Congratulations! They are darling! I'm so glad that they are doing better every day. I loved reading about you putting the babies together. They probably missed one another! Again, congrats!

allison wright said...

they are so precious. you two are the perfect parents to two perfect little ones. thanks for hosting me at the hospital. hope they can come home soon...love ya, alli (and cody)

Kristen said...

Hi, you don't know me but I saw your cute babies on Ashley's blog. I am a friend of hers. I had twin boys 7 weeks early and were about the same size as your twins. I know EXACTLY what you are going through right now. This time is a struggle but it really does go by so fast and you will be taking your cute twins home before you know it. My boys stayed in the NICU for 5 weeks but only because one of mine became sick so they stayed longer. And the breastfeeding thing with two, it is so hard but you will get the hang of it. Especially when they get a little bigger and the feeding tube comes out it is much easier. Even like a few weeks will make a big difference. I would get so frustrated with that.
Anyways, just be your babies mom and don't let the nurses think that they can tell you what to do and ALWAYS tell the nurse when you think there is a problem with your baby. We learned that quite a few times to just say something even if you don't know if something is wrong.
Good luck and sorry if you think I am weird I just love to see other people with twins especially when their stories are like mine. They are so adorable! And I especially love their names. You will do great!

Tisha and Mark said...

Hey guys! They are growing so fast and I love the pictures of them together. I went to my appt yesterday and our little bean will for sure make it to October :) I am sure you guys are tired but that you are doing great! Love ya!

Brandon and Becky Patrick said...

The two of you sure can create two amazing babies. Becky and I are dying to see them (and you both too of course). Did I mention that Becky is a really great cook? Please let us know if you would like us (meaning Becky, haha) to whip together a meal or two.